Charter Fishing and Excursions
Sport Fishing at Moss Landing Harbor District
Our local fishing spots offer stunning views and great stocks of salmon, bass, crab, halibut, rock cod and albacore. Come out to the bay and book a charter for a fabulous day on the water with your friends and family!
Don't Forget Your Fishing Permit!
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife website
has information about obtaining sport fishing licenses. Several deep-sea charters supply visitors with one-day or annual sport fishing licenses, but call ahead to be sure so you'll be ready to go with a valid permit.
Owner/Captain Carol Jones
Home to the Kahuna!
The Kahuna is a nice, clean 50' Delta with all of
the electronics and safety equipment. She is powered
by twin 3196 caterpillar engines; at 900 HP she can
get you to the fish fast and in comfort. She has a
heated cabin for those chilly days, live bait tank
and plenty of seating for your comfort on the way
out to the fishing grounds. The Kahuna runs open parties and
private charters for all types of fishing here in
the Monterey Bay and outside the bay.
Charter Sportfishing & Excursions
Captain Ron Farquhar
Westwind Charter also offers saltwater Sport Fishing, Whale Watching, Specials Charters and Excursions, Environmental Sampling and Survey Filming and Photography and Private Events/Memorials Services. Our vessel is certified for up to 22 passengers! www.westwindcharter.com|
For Bait and Additional Information
- Get active weather alerts at National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Stay comfortable while aboard – some tips:
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a jacket – it can get cold out on the water
- Wear deck shoes or other rubber soled shoes so you don't slip on wet surfaces
- Dress in layers so you can adjust to changing temperatures
- Bring plenty of water, snacks and a lunch.